- Engaging and integrating the private practice Allergy community with research investigators at the tertiary medical center sites.
- Establishing a large information database on food allergy patients to support prospective and retrospective epidemiological studies.
- Establishing a network that can support large clinical trials of emerging therapeutics for food allergies.
Key Areas of Discovery
- Understanding risk factors that predict the development of food allergy
- Characterizing the differences in immune responses between people who have persisting food allergy and those who outgrow their food allergy
- Determining factors that can predict patients who will have severe reactions
- Development of new diagnostics for diagnosing food allergy